Hotel OXO does not offer a restaurant on site. Our staff will have an up-to-date list of different kinds of restaurants and bars in the area that you will want to try. They will also keep you informed of local events and activities or festivals in and around Biarritz during your stay.
What is worth seeing or doing in Biarritz during my stay?
If you have one day in Biarritz:
- Take a tour of the city and its gardens and discover the sandy beaches.
- Walk along the seaside and on the ‘Grande plage’, which is the largest beach, up to the lighthouse. We recommend climbing uphill and to the top of the lighthouse to enjoy the far-reaching view over the sea and the Basque coastline.
- Taste the ‘crampottes’ sold by the fishermen at the old harbor.
- Visit to the Museum of the Sea (Musée de la Mer) and get acquainted with the various species – don’t miss seal feeding time!
- Try golfing or surfing here and see why they’re the region’s favorite sports!. If you are not specialist, local clubs can help you make the most of your visit. Half-day or day-long surfing trips and golf training sessions are available.
- Have a walk along the coastal path (sentier du littoral) until Bidart or Guéthary and discover the Basque coast while enjoying ocean views.
- Check out the local events of the moment. Numerous art exhibits and cultural events are organized throughout the year. Biarritz offers a wide variety of entertainment, such as shows at the Gare du Midi, the Biarritz Casino with its daily games and gambling and several international festivals.
If you’re here for two days:
- Treat yourself to a relaxing break or a spa treatment in one of the numerous thalassotherapy centers in Biarritz.
- Discover the typical Basque villages in the surroundings: Aïnhoa, Espelette, Itxassou, Sare, Zuggaramurdi.
- Visit Bayonne, famous for its cathedral, its museums and its old city.
- Climb the mountain La Rhune using the footpath or use the small train, be surprised by the breathtaking panoramic view.
- Take the ferry to from Hendaye to Fontarrabie for a tapas break. Use the maritime shuttle from Hendaye to Fontarrabie and try the Spanish ‘Tapas’.
During a long stay in Biarritz, you may:
- Try a thalassotherapy programme to get back into shape.
- Improve your surfing by refining your technical skills.
- Improve your golf swing or take a course in Biarritz.
- Explore Bilbao and visit the Guggenheim Museum.
More details are available on the Biarritz tourism website: http://www.biarritz.fr